Sherman DUI Lawyer
Sherman DWI Lawyer
Wynne & Smith
Call Now For Your Case Evaluation
Sherman DWI Lawyer - Wynne & Smith
707 West Washington Street
Sherman, TX 75092
- Collin County, TX
- Fannin County, TX
- Grayson County, TX
Criminal Lawyer John Hunter Smith has successfully defended a vast assortment of criminal matters in State and Federal Court. John Hunter Smith has earned the reputation of an aggressive trial lawyer who is prepared to meet the prosecutors' fact for fact. If you have been accused of a crime, this can affect your reputation, freedom, family, and your future. He will tirelessly work to get the desired results. This burden is not taken lightly.
Significant Victories By Attorney John Hunter Smith.
The list below does not contain numerous dismissals.
- 2012 - DWI-3rd - NOT GUILTY;
- 2011 - DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; Reckless Driving - NOT GUILTY; Possession Of A Firearm By Felon (Enhanced) - NOT GUILTY;
- 2010 - DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; BWI - NOT GUILTY; Aggravated Assault (Enhanced) - NOT GUILTY; Possession of Marijuana - (Motion to Suppress - Granted); 1st Degree Murder - Guilty, but Jury Reduced to 2nd Degree Murder "Sudden Passion"; Assault Causing Bodily Injury-Family Violence - NOT GUILTY; Injury to Child - (Grand Jury - No Bill);
- 2009 - Violation of Protective Order x 2 - NOT GUILTY; DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; Assault Causing Bodily Injury - Family Violence - NOT GUILTY; Interfering With 911 Call - NOT GUILTY; Sexual Assault - (Grand Jury - No Bill);
- 2008 - Assault Causing Bodily Injury - Family Violence - NOT GUILTY; Interfering With 911 Call - NOT GUILTY; Possession of Controlled Substance - (Grand Jury - No Bill); DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; Aggravated Sexual Assault Of a Child x 3 - Hung Jury;
- 2007 - DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY; Intoxicated Manslaughter - Guilty, but Jury gave Probation; Unlawful Carrying Weapon - NOT GUILTY; Sexual Assault - (Grand Jury - No Bill); False Report to Law Enforcement Officer - NOT GUILTY; DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY;
- 2006 - Manslaughter - Guilty, but Jury gave Probation; Federal Drug Charge - (Motion to Suppress - Granted); DWI-1st - NOT GUILTY;
- 2005 - Assault Causing Bodily Injury - Family Violence - NOT GUILTY; DWI-1st NOT GUILTY
- 2004 - Assault Causing Bodily Injury - Family Violence - NOT GUILTY;
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Type of Cases Our Firm Handles
I handle many types of cases to bench and jury trials including DUI, Criminal and Traffic.
We Think You Should Hire Us If:
You want a lawyer who will personally handle your file and will be available for consultation afternoons, evenings and weekends. I will fairly evaluate your case and determine the most favorable course. I will not hesitate to go to trial on your case; that decision, however, will ultimately be yours.
Our Firm is Not Right For You If:
You are looking for a lawyer who will only tell you what you want to hear. I will work with you to honestly assess the facts of the case.
If You Want to Tell Our Law Firm About Your Situation You Should:
I personally communicate with you whenever possible. If I am in Court when you call, you can leave a message. I personally guarantee you will hear back from me in 24-hours, or less - most often, much less. My office phone is 903-893-8177.
The Typical Cost to Get Us To Start Working on Your Case is:
The cost varies depending on the allegation and facts of the case. A fee will be quoted at our initial consultation.
Our Clients Will Tell You That:
My level of experience, knowledge of the law, and personal familiarity with the judges, prosecutors, and system is a great advantage. In addition my personal and regular contact with clients, availability and involvement with every aspect of the case bring the most favorable results.
Our Philosophy On How We Approach Our Cases is:
Depending on the type of case I like to find out as much as I can about the facts of the case and talk to anyone who can help our defense. At that time we can discuss our options. The stronger our defense appears to the prosecutor, the better our chances are of getting a favorable result.
If You Want to Learn More About Our Firm You Should:
During our free initial consultation I will answer any questions. Please call 903-893-8177.
Do You Need a Lawyer?
Every state has some sort of "drunk driving" statute. The term "drunk driving" is in quotes because none of these laws require that you be "drunk" or "intoxicated" to be guilty. All that is required is that your ability to operate a vehicle has been impaired to any extent at all or that your Blood alcohol level exceeds the state limit (which is now .08% in all states). Some states call it DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), but it refers to the same offense. The consequences of differ drastically from state to state and are influenced by your age, blood alcohol limit (BAC), whether you have been arrested for in the past, and whether you caused injury or death during the .
A Lawyer can help...
Assess your legal situation
An experienced Defense lawyer can help you understand what you are up against and the fines you may be required to pay. A lawyer mostly deals with matters and knows the process inside and out – including options that a public defender may not tell you.
Explain the consequences
The consequences of a vary greatly from state to state and a lawyer will be able to explain how those consequences in your state apply to you such as (1) harsher punishments for those arrested with BAC limits over .08, (2) special laws for underage drivers arrested for , (3) possible community service or plea bargaining, (4) overlapping jurisdiction of Courts and your state's motor vehicle licensing department to suspend or revoke your license, and (5) contingent license programs that allow you to use your vehicle to get to and from work.
Manage the process
Dealing with the motor vehicle department can be frustrating and time consuming. A Lawyer can manage the process for you by completing the required forms; making phone calls; scheduling and/or representing you at a Motor Vehicle Department suspension hearing, and making other necessary arrangements.
Represent you in court
An experienced Lawyer knows the ins and outs of the courtroom and may be able to obtain a lesser sentence for you if your situation and state law allows for it.
Don't know if a Lawyer is right for you? Here are some general guidelines:
Definitely hire a Lawyer if you already have several 's and receive another; or if your arrest was the result of an accident or if anyone was injured; or if you are a professional driver whose livelihood depends on keeping your license.
Seriously consider hiring a Lawyer if you've been arrested for a second (in the same or another state) or were arrested with a BAC limit over double the legal limit as harsher penalties may apply.
You might want to hire a Lawyer if you don't understand your rights or laws, what you need to do, or the consequences you face. You also might want legal representation if you are in a profession (or plan to be) that requires bonding or in which any criminal conviction might prevent you from getting or keeping a professional license. If you don't know the requirements, then you need expert advice before handling the case yourself.